Charateristics of a Flagger (including clothing and equipment).
Learn about typical lane closures senarios and standard flagger practicesfor various situations.
Learn to handle emergency situations and hostile drivers.
Hand signaling procedures.
What's In Your Tool Box?
Become a flagger and add proper methods and flagger operations to your Skill Set.
Boost your employability and pursue a Traffic Control Technician or Traffic Control Supervisor certification.
Work Zone Crash Frequency
On average, in 2015:
- A work zone crash occurred once every 5.4 minutes.
- Every day, 70 work zone crashes occurred that resulted in at least one injury.
- Every week, 12 work zone crashes occurred that resulted in at least one fatality.
- This distribution is very similar to non-work zone crashes.
- 2015 Work Zone Crash Severity – Property Damage Only 73% 73%
- 2015 Work Zone Crash Severity – Fatal 0.7% 0.7%
- 2015 Work Zone Crash Severity – Injury 26.4% 26.4%
- 2015 Non-Work Zone Crash Severity – Property Damage Only 72.2% 72.2%
- 2015 Non-Work Zone Crash Severity – Fatal .05% .05%
American Traffic Safety Services Association represents the road safety, traffic safety, and highway safety industry with effective legislative advocacy, traffic control safety training, and a far-reaching member partnership. Learn more at ATSSA.com